The Elder took something from his pocket and motioned for Alvaro, Tomas and I to sit down. He took Alvaro’s head in his hand and put salve of some sort on his head, right in the middle of his eyebrows.Then he did it to Tomas, then me.
“What is this stuff?” I wondered.
“That will keep you centered. Do not react to anything I do. Do not judge anything I might say. This is an induction. Stay steadfast as it goes on, regardless of what you hear. No flights of fantasy.”
Robert came in looking refreshed.
“Come have some tea,” the Elder said.
I began to feel was if my personal energy field had become unified and grown, radiating in all directions. This sense of energy seemed to permeate the energy-of-life, without any sense of boundaries. My awareness and at-one-ness was still and tranquil. I looked at Alvaro, who made a slight motion with his hand. Thumbs up was the acknowledging gesture. I could ‘feel,’ perceive, sense everyone’s personal energy within the boundaries of my own. Power…Being Power. It was as if we were in a hologram. On the other hand, Roberts personal energy felt tightly compact, closely grouped around him. Everyone else felt as if we had molded and merged with the overall energy. The crown of my head felt open, like a funnel. The same place as the soft spot of my child's head. There was an intensity to it yet also a stillness, like being in the eye of a hurricane.
The cups were filled and fresh. Pieces of home made sourdough bread, fresh vegetables and fruit were brought in by a woman I hadn’t seen before. “Thank you Grandfather, Thank you Creator,” the Elder said as he handed Robert the bread. “You look quite refreshed.”
“I am,” Robert said. “ I have never felt so safe,” he added as he looked around at each one of us.
In his demeanor, I knew that he had picked up a difference in us somehow.
“I’m glad you can be comfortable here. But I have to tell you all that Alvaro brought back distressing news from the village.” The Elder spoke as he looked at us one by one. “It seems that someone who came to the meeting the other night is being hunted by men who have little manners and less information. Why they want this person is a secret. That they want this person is quite plain. Do any of you know the reason for this continual inquiry?”
-From Neisthes journals "Into the Night"
“That will keep you centered. Do not react to anything I do. Do not judge anything I might say. This is an induction. Stay steadfast as it goes on, regardless of what you hear. No flights of fantasy.”
Robert came in looking refreshed.
“Come have some tea,” the Elder said.
I began to feel was if my personal energy field had become unified and grown, radiating in all directions. This sense of energy seemed to permeate the energy-of-life, without any sense of boundaries. My awareness and at-one-ness was still and tranquil. I looked at Alvaro, who made a slight motion with his hand. Thumbs up was the acknowledging gesture. I could ‘feel,’ perceive, sense everyone’s personal energy within the boundaries of my own. Power…Being Power. It was as if we were in a hologram. On the other hand, Roberts personal energy felt tightly compact, closely grouped around him. Everyone else felt as if we had molded and merged with the overall energy. The crown of my head felt open, like a funnel. The same place as the soft spot of my child's head. There was an intensity to it yet also a stillness, like being in the eye of a hurricane.
The cups were filled and fresh. Pieces of home made sourdough bread, fresh vegetables and fruit were brought in by a woman I hadn’t seen before. “Thank you Grandfather, Thank you Creator,” the Elder said as he handed Robert the bread. “You look quite refreshed.”
“I am,” Robert said. “ I have never felt so safe,” he added as he looked around at each one of us.
In his demeanor, I knew that he had picked up a difference in us somehow.
“I’m glad you can be comfortable here. But I have to tell you all that Alvaro brought back distressing news from the village.” The Elder spoke as he looked at us one by one. “It seems that someone who came to the meeting the other night is being hunted by men who have little manners and less information. Why they want this person is a secret. That they want this person is quite plain. Do any of you know the reason for this continual inquiry?”
-From Neisthes journals "Into the Night"
No comments:
Post a Comment