Thursday, October 1, 2026

        

      Robert looked at the Elder intently as he reached into his pack. Alvaro stiffened, expecting what I don’t know. Robert pulled out a thick book which looked like a journal. “May I,” he said. The Elder nodded. Robert spoke in a clear relaxed manner. “I have come to you because the keepers of kivas have told me that if I wanted answers to my questions you were the one to see. And I have many things to say and perhaps not too much time to say them.” He reached into his pocket and produced a rock which he handed to the Elder. “Do you know what this is?” he asked.

      The Elder said nothing, just waited for Robert to go on with his statements. Robert didn’t really seem to care whether he had an answer or not. He went on to fill in the blanks, “It’s a moon rock.” Here he waited for the impact to hit the Elder. The Elder looked at the rock then handed it back to Robert. He simply looked at Robert as if waiting to hear the punch line.“ It’s yours.” Robert said. “ This is a moon rock but it came from a site on Earth. It came from Iceland.  Do you have any stories of this?”

      My eyes had to open a little wider because I was beginning to hear things which definitely interested me.

     “Yes,” the Elder said. “May I ask to what purpose the questions are raised?”  

      Without flinching Robert spoke, “ I have been in the middle of some events which have changed my life, forever. The world I grew up in is only a memory. Events that culminated two and a half years ago have led me on a quest for validity of certain aspects. This rock was one of the pieces to comprehend, to some degree. My coming here, I hope, will put all the pieces together. At any rate, it was worth a try.”

      “The rock you hold is a piece of the moon. The moon is the child of mother Earth and the planet who hit her. The moon is a by product of this collision. But that happened a long time ago.”

     Robert seemed elated. The feeling was noticible in his voice. “Do you know more?”

     “When this planet hit Earth," the Elder continued, “It pushed the Earth into a larger orbit. What had been a cycle of 360 earth revolutions around the Sun went to 365 plus. Debris of another planet is evidence that a larger planet hit another one and those fragments orbit the Sun today. Or so I’ve been told.” 




-From Neisthes journals  "Into the Night"

No comments:

Post a Comment