“And now?” The Elder questioned.
“I have to stop running somewhere,” Robert said. “Guess this is as good a spot as anywhere. I’m tired and I don’t know where to turn…I don’t know what to say first… I,” he shook his head as if trying to let the words out of a dam.
The Elder bent over to him and motioned for him to come closer. Robert moved forward as the Elder spoke, “Do you trust me Robert?” The words were as a father speaks to his young child.
“I do,” Robert said with a sound of relief…a note of resignation.
The Elder reached into a small bag and when he brought his hand out, I could see the salve on both index fingers. It was the same slave he had put on us. With one finger he placed salve on Roberts crown, his soft spot. Then he held Robert’s head as he pushed the salve onto his forehead. Robert offered no resistance.
Then the Elder put the salve on own his head in the same places. “What now?” I thought. I began to feel, perceive the Elders energy intensely as well as Roberts energy, which seemed no longer bound close to him.
“Now tell me,” the Elder said, “take your time. Let’s talk of the questions you came here to personally ask me that you thought would help you."
No comments:
Post a Comment